No more kibble!

Kelsey was adorable. She loved to SMILE! She had bad teeth and bad breath, her eyes had cateracts, and she suffered from constant itchy skin. During her life, Kelsey ate whatever mini kibble had the best advertising, but after 2 surgeries for bladder stones we changed her to Science Diet CD and she got fat. In September 2008 Kelsey suddenly began having violent seizures. Her decline was so fast, we put Kelsey to sleep less than two weeks later on her 13th birthday. The vet told us that Kelsey suffered from many maladies that probably stemmed from eating processed dog kibble. If I had only known that changing her diet could have changed her life!

Welcome to our new yorkie Juliet! Welcome Raw Meaty Bones Diet!
To learn about this style of pet feeding, go to the very first entry and work your way up.


Sunday, August 30, 2009

Juliet Octavia

Juliet was born on August 8, 2008. We got her at eight weeks old and only 1.5 pounds. The breeder gave her up early because I was experienced with yorkies and she trusted me to take good care of such a tiny bundle. The breeder, Contented Puppies, gave me a bag of the food they encourage all new owners to feed their puppies.


Life's Abundance is a premium all-natural dry dog food. Their website is very informative, and although this brand may be better than the dog foods found in grocery stores and pet stores, I realized that Life's Abundance is just another brand of dry kibble and not what I wanted to feed my dog. Sure, it has more protien and better ingredients, but it was still choc-full of rice and grains, groats and vitamins.  This perked my interest; if protien is so very important that it should be the first five in the ingredients of kibble, why not ALL protien? Thus began my search for a better dog diet. The picture in this post is of 12-week old Juliet when she weighed less than three pounds. How ironic that she's in an oatmeal box, as I decided not to feed her grains.

No comments:

Post a Comment